[Urgent] Building relocatable DLLs

Firstly I would like to apologise in advance if this is not the right list
and request that someone direct me to the correct list/page.

I would like some detailed information on the correct procedure to build
relocateable dlls using the cygwin tools.

I have repeatedly attempted in vain to follow the instructions given
regarding this issue in the documentation section of the cygwin website. The
resulting dll either doesn't build or causes a Core dump upon executing any
program linked against it's import library.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but the procedure described at
http://www.cygwin.com/building-reloc-dlls.txt does not work (at least with
the currest latest version of the tools).

TIA

Steph.