Re: Updated: gdb-20010428-2

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 09:44:44AM +0200, Schaible, Jorg wrote:
>Hi Chris,
>
>>I don't know how to fix this.  I'm not randomly inserting
>>capitalization
>>here.
>>
>>If the filenames returned by the
>>system don't match the actual filenames in the system then I'm
>>not going to go out of my way to figure them out.  I don't even
>>know *how* I'd figure them out.
>
>remember my cygpath patch for -S? I'd actually requested the directory a
>second time to get the right orthography.
>
>http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-08/msg00238.html
>
>Windows is really a crap.

Oh yes.  That's right.  I think I even resisted this patch, mainly because
I could not believe that Windows was really that stupid.

I have a hard time with the idea that I have to add Windows-specific code
to gdb at this point.  I had an ITS (In The Shower) experience today and
realized that, of course, I could use the FindFirstFile technique to
get the right filename and your email confirms that.

This is a really hard change to make, though.  It will be like typing in
molasses getting this patch into gdb.  It just feels so wrong.

cgf