Re: 30 second startup delay on Cygwin programs from SYSTEM account

FAQ entry

Why is Cygwin suddenly so slow?
http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC32

is a good hint.  Focus on the fact that network shares (or drives) in the
path are an issue, not necessarily the recent change that makes the now
obsolete //X drive syntax equivalent to a network path.  While this may be
your problem, references to network directories in your path is a timeless
issue that can account for the behavior you describe.  There are multiple
posts about this in the mail archives, although they are likely to be
buried fairly far back in the archives and may be difficult to unearth
if you don't happen to hit a keyword used in those messages. ;-)