Re: Language Problems with cygwin (newlib/ctype)

Hallo felix,

2001-10-26 12:52:07, du schriebst:

> i'm having problems with the newlib package
> especially the module "ctype.h" which is responsible for recognizing
> characters
> the problem is, that it doesnt recognize UTF-8 characters like umlauts or
> accents

> i compiled the newlib as it is described in the readme files......
> and got files like "libc.a, libg.a, libm.a"
> those i copied in the path "/lib"
> and the other paths where the old libc.a was found
> and recompiled my testprogram but it had no effect........

Have you linked against the libs?
In a cygwin install libc.a, libm.a, and libg.a are symlinks to
libcygwin.a, try to build cygwin from the sources (if you check out from
CVS, the newlib source is already included there).
Build cygwin and look if it still fails then.

> im really at the end of what i can do to fix this bug and really
> superceeded my knowledge
> in cygwin and what can be found of documentation in the internet.

> although i think this is a very internal problem..........

Gerrit
--
convey Information Systems GmbH                 http://www.convey.de/
                                                Vitalisstraße 326-328