Re: rsh on Windows XP : Please help

Matt-

Sounds like something I have dealt with a great deal. In short, the
LocalSystem account (SYSTEM) on NT cannot access remote drives. If you
run the service as another user, with the additional rights detailed in
/usr/doc/cygwin/inetutils-1.3.2.README, does it work? Have you tried
starting inetd from a command prompt? Does that work?

You can find lengthy discussion about this topic in the cygwin mailing
list archives, best searched with google (rsh SYSTEM site:cygwin.com).
Or email me offlist for a more detailed commentary.

HTH,
Peter