Re: Startup in win32

There is a file called "cygwin.bat" in your
cygwin directory. It gets the start directory
based on an environment variable that is set
by /etc/profile, and kicks off
a bash shell.

Actually, this .bat file is how
the cygwin shortcut works. Did you
download all the packages with
setup.exe?

HTH,
Peter

"Senn, William" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I sincerely hope that this is an active list.  My question is this:
> Is there a  way to create a batch script or perl script in Windows NT that
> starts the cygwin bash shell and sets the starting directory? Something
> along the lines of (perl):
>         exec "c:\\cygwin\\bin\\bash -dc:\\myStartDir" or die "bummer
> dude:$!\n";
>
> or (bat):
>         start c:\cygwin\bin\bash -dc:\\myStartDir
>
> where -d specifies the directory to start (I know -d isn't it, just tell me
> how).
>
> Any and all assistance appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Will
> mailto:wdsenn@home.com
>
> btw: I know this is ignoring many security issues, consider this a
> single-user installation...
>
> --

Your mouse has moved.
Reboot now?  [OK]