Apache/PHP Problem:CLOSE_WAIT sockets

Hi,

I'm using the Apache + PHP setup on Cygwin, which was self compiled. The
plain HTML stuff that apache serves out seem to be ok, but anything
involving PHP talking to PGSQL via TCP will run properly, but the port that
served the PHP page will have a CLOSE_WAIT state after that. After a while
of continuous operation the CLOSE_WAIT state ports stacks up.

Shutting down the Apache server also generates this in the logs:

----------
$ tail -f /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
[Sat Oct 20 22:14:51 2001] [warn] child process 1000 still did not exit,
sending
a SIGTERM
[Sat Oct 20 22:14:51 2001] [warn] child process 1136 still did not exit,
sending
a SIGTERM

[snip]----

Apache 1.3.22
PHP 4.0.6
Postgres(default Cygwin install)

Does anyone have the same problem running a setup like this under Cygwin? Or
should I stick to the windows installers? Please advise.

-Alvin