Again...production installation experiences request...

This is a re-send due to problems with Exchange (unaccepted MIME formats) and
trying to send with ssmtp (missing return e-mail address and subject line
missing when it's not ....  thanks for the patience.

Cygwin fans,

I've been using Cygwin locally on my own PC for several months.  A UNIX user
for the last 7 years, I am the newest of 6 Oracle DBA's in an exclusive NT
environment. I have shown Cygwin to my group and have used some of my Unix
scripts to help automate some processes from my PC.  Seeing the advantages,
the group is now in the mode of trying to convince management and the NT
admins that Cygwin is safe and can co-exists well with other Windows software
installed on production servers (NT 4.0 sp6).  They are particularly worried
over the possibilities of corrupting NT OS or other files, and the load or
overhead of Cygwin on the servers using cron and inetd services (telnet, ssh,
ftp, sftp).

So I need your help.

Would several of you be willing to share your
Cygwin-installation-on-production-servers experiences and testing methods
with us?   It would probably be more appropriate to e-mail me directly rather
than going to the list.  Also if you wouldn't mind some voice communication,
please include a contact number and name.  It would help greatly if
management could speak directly with those willing, but it's not a
requirement for you to contribute your experiences.

Thank you so much!

David Jordan
Certified Oracle Database Administrator
Kenneth Copeland Ministries