Re: rsh: "Permission denied" on file creation. Cygwin 1.3.3 on W2K Adv Srv SP2.

I would love to use ssh, and I actually had
it working a few versions of cygwin ago. But
my unix guru here says "why don't you just use
rsh?- The internal network is secure." I don't
agree- I don't think we should be relying on
anything that is inherently insecure (of course,
we do use NT as an operating system). But where
we have the option to use ssh, I would prefer it.
Unfortunately, NONE of our unix boxes have ssh,
and I have been told that they won't be upgraded
without good reason, and even then I have to wait
until some important work is done (so the ssh
install won't interrupt our schedule). I don't
know if it is too OT, but would anyone care to
contribute reasons why to use ssh instead of rsh
even on our "internally secure" network? Please
reply to me personally, I think this part isn't very
cygwin related anymore.

BTW, I hope Corinna will reply onlist and let me know
about the "security features" of rsh that I asked
about in my previous post- that is definitely on-topic.

TIA,
Peter

--
Your mouse has moved.