Re: Inopportune Crash

I accidentally erased the setup.log and setup.log.full files once, and
setup then prompted me to reinstall everything.  I fixed it by reinstalling
just one of the packages and setting all of the other files to
"skip."   That fixed it... the setup files were recreated correctly.

I don't know if your problem is the same (I suspect it is), but, it might
be worth it to just try reinstalling one package.