Re: More problems with subprocesses in 1.3.3

At 01:50 PM 10/11/01 -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>Ugh.  That's not normal.  (Honest!  We wouldn't release a kernel with a
>bug like that if we knew about it -- and many many folks have been using
>1.3.3 on NT for months now without any reports like yours.)
>
>Is there something unique about your machine, or your usage patterns?
>(e.g. do you do everything from an XEmacs subshell, thus exercising the
>fork/exec code more heavily than "normal", etc etc?)

Lots of fork and exec. I am running two large java processes (200Mb each)
from within shell scripts in a bash shell. They also pump out a lot of
output. The whole machine freezes midway through the run. The cursor still
works though so I would guess that either all the CPU is taken or all the
memory. My machine has 1Gb of virtual memory.

andy