RE: Shell CAPS-lock settings

Thanks for the fast reply. After I sent the question, I did some more
digging. It turns out that this problem is quite common, and appears not
only on ME but on Win 95 and Win 98. It DOES NOT happen on NT or Win 2000
(and so prolly not on XP either). The problem doesn't seem to be related
to the computer company. It turns out the problem has been
reported on and off since *1997* ("Caps lock problem and/or less can't
search," 29 May 1997; the post says he knew of the problem in Cygwin 17.1).

The problem only shows up on programs compiled with Cygwin (I just tested
MinGW, it's fine), and only on console programs.

My programming skills are mediocre, so I'm hoping someone more familiar
with Cygwin might have a fix. (I'm not sure if this is helpful, but someone
mentioned fhandler_console.cc.)