RE: extremely slow after upgrade

Actually, not so weird.  As has been pointed out in recent threads, the //c
notation is now looking for a networked computer named "c" and the delay you
were experiencing is the timeout period while your computer looked for that
other computer name on your network.  Any version of Windows would have done
this, if I'm not mistaken.

--Dan