RE: databases

	I use proc (Pro C) for Oracle databases,
      because

	1) many "unix" applications which accessed Oracle from
      C programs used this pre-processor compiler.

      2) the unix applications I ported to cygwin already had extensive
	   code written in Pro C.

      If you are starting from scratch, vanilla code and designing a new app
though,
	 an ODBC interface might be much nicer.

	If you are doing a web based app, you might consider
      an apache server with an owa_module. Then write stored procedures in
PL/SQL.
      etc...

Darius Clynes
Software Engineer