Re: "chmod a+x filename" shows no effect on W2K

>From the inetutils-1.3.2.README-

 - The environment variable CYGWIN must be either set in the system
    environment to be active from start on or you can set CYGWIN thru
    the registry:
    Under the key HKLM\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Program Options
    create a REG_SZ (String) named like the full DOS path to the
application,
    eg. "C:\usr\bin\inetd.exe" and with the value equal to the preferred
    CYGWIN settings, eg "binmode tty ntsec".

Also be aware that chmod may sporadically not work and
then work. Just for no reason, and it isn't repeatable.

HTH,
Peter

Ralf Hauser wrote:

Your mouse has moved.