Re: REALLY need help prior to 1.3.4 release

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 09:27:07AM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>
>>I updated to "current" CVS last night around 1am EDT, and rebuilt
>>cygwin.  After installing that, I saw the same behavior as before: raw
>>read worked, raw write did not (Permission denied).  :-(
>>

> This was really strange.  Everything worked fine for me until I ejected
> my floppy.  From that point on, I couldn't write to any floppy.  I had to
> scroll back several times to convince myself that I wasn't
> hallucinating.
>
> Anyway, since I could eventually duplicate the problem, I could actually
> fix it.
>
> So, how about *now*, Chuck?  Does it work *now*?
>
> (If it doesn't just lie...)

I'll give it a shot, in the morning.  Right now I'm trying to get
autoconf to pass its tests again.  Here's the deal:

Per the earlier discussion about autoconf-2.13/2.52, I was attempting to
do a side-by-side installation of the two, and decided to run the
checks.  (eventaully to write a script that parses configure.in for the
AC_REQ[] line to determine which one to call, etc).

2.13 had "226 expected passes, 33 unexpected failures".  (On both
cygwin-20011001, and cygwin-1.3.3-2).  This is the same as our previous
experiments, if you remember those.

2.52 was failing all over the place with cygwin-20011001.  (With 1.3.2,
we had finally gotten autoconf to pass all tests).  I'm currently
running the tests again with 1.3.3-2, to make sure the 'breakage'
occurred during the 1.3.4 development cycle and not before.  So far I'm
passing all tests with 1.3.3-2 (but this'll take several more hours to
complete on my machine).

All tests performed on W2Ksp2, CYGWIN=ntsec, and /usr/local/bin/mktemp
is the implementation from courtesan.com (we had previously determined
that "my" implementation in the misc package sucked; the courtesan
version was good).

Sigh.  I'm not sure I have the energy for this.

--Chuck