Moving cygwin to W2k from Win95

I just got a new Win2000 laptop and have been trying to get my Cygwin up and
running on it and now I have several questions.

I simply copied it across the network from my Win95 laptop and then made sure
my mount points were set properly, but on the Win95 setup I had the login
working so that I entered an ID and password to get to a bash shell instead of
just going to a bash shell.  On Win2000 I have been unable to get this to work
and I have searched the Web sites and I have tried the mkpasswd -l, mkpasswd
-d, mkgroup and such and still no login - I have to simply use the bash shell
from the cygwin batch file.

The other problem I have is then if I try to do a man (ie a man login or any
other command) I get an error similar to:

briank@FPC_ATL_BKNB ~
$ man login
Formatting page, please wait...
Error executing formatting or display command.
System command (cd /usr/man ; (echo -e ".pl 1100i"; cat /usr/man/man1/login.1;
cho ".pl \n(nlu+10") | /usr/bin/tbl | /usr/bin/groff -Tascii -mandoc | gzip >
/u
sr/man/cat1/login.1.gz) exited with status 32512.

briank@FPC_ATL_BKNB ~
$

I had my login working so it set the path and home just like on a real Unix
machine when it was on Win95 but I can't seem to get that back on Win2000.  Any
suggestions and also what is wrong with the Man.

Do I need to do a full reinstall of my installation?

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

bk