RE: How to make cygwin/bash shell work in emacs

1) This thread has nothing to do with cygwin.

2) Use  ~/.emacs_bash  to set the correct path to perl.
   This is described in the emacs documentation. Type the following:

   C-h i m emacs<RET> m shell<RET> m inter<RET> M->

  If you wonder how one would find this without the above instruction,
that's a good question.  I grepped for bash in the info files and worked
backward. There's a recent thread about this very issue (difficulty of
finding new concepts in info) on comp.emacs, which is where this discussion
really belongs.