Re: Time-setting

David Starks-Browning schrieb am 2001-09-29, 10:54:

>On Saturday 29 Sep 01, Robert Collins writes:
>> Perhaps this counts as FAQ-fodder?
>>
>> Rob

>> > E.g. http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xbd/envvar.html
>> >
>> > Corinna

>But I don't understand what the point is.  What problem does it solve?
>I've never set TZ on Win98 or NT, and I don't see any discrepency
>between ls -l and Explorer times.  So I don't know what to write in
>the FAQ.

If I run 'date' I get differences without the TZ setting. (I get GMT output
vs. CET).
But I agree that it is not possible to list all TZ settings which are correct
around the world, and the opengroup site explains only the theory, I read it
but I'm sure, I would not be able to set TZ to the correct value, only after
reading this explanation.

Gerrit

--
=^..^=