FW: Problem building python extensions

Darrell R. Hougen writes:

>I'm new to using cygwin to build python extension modules and am having
>a fair bit of trouble.  I can build the extension module under Solaris,
>but when I try to build under cygwin, I get the following errors:

< snip >

>I am using active state python 2.1 and gcc 2.95.3-5 on an NT 4.0 box.  I
>downloaded the version of cygwin that I'm using only yesterday, so it
>should be up to date.

AFAIK you need to use a Cygwin compiled Python library
you also need to add a -DUSE_DL_IMPORT to your gcc command line
and link against $LIB_DIR/Python$VER/config/python$VER.dll

Where $LIB_DIR is either /lib/python$VER or /usr/local/lib/python$VER
depending whether you use the distributed python or have compiled it
yourself

If this doesn't work ask again

Norman