Using ssh with VNC Viewer

I've recently started using AT&T's windows based VNC viewer
(http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc) and I'm trying to use it with cygwin's
ssh.

I use this command to open the ssh to the remote machine and listen on the
ports documented.

    ssh -v -C -L 5902:edin_kampala:5901 edin_kampala

then I open the vncviewer:

    vncviewer localhost:2

and I get the debug output (because of the -v on the ssh line)

    debug1: Connection to port 5902 forwarding to edin_kampala port 5901
requested.
    debug1: fd 8 setting O_NONBLOCK
    debug1: fd 8 IS O_NONBLOCK
    debug1: channel 2: new [direct-tcpip]
    debug1: channel 2: open confirm rwindow 32768 rmax 16384

so something's working. But I don't get the vncviewer's prompt for a
password.

Has anyone else tried this and got it working? I found one thread recently,
but I couldn't follow it and I wasn't sure if they were using a windows or
cygwin-xfree based vncviewer. I don't really need to use the ssh, but as I'm
all ready connected to the machine using ssh, I thought why not use it for
the vncviewer too!

Regards

Keith