Re: permissions problems

Hi

I think this is probably related to the same issue we have been having.

Your NT machine is probably part of a DOMAIN.

When you run setup it automatically runs mkpasswd at the end. It does this though with the parameter -l which creates a /etc/passwd file with the users that are setup on your local machine.

You should be able to run mkpasswd -d > /etc/passwd to create the password file with the domain users instead. If you don't have permission to overwrite the file just login as administrator (wiith the password of the local administrator) and run the command.

Now we have been unsuccessful completely on getting this to work with Windows 2000 machines (Pro and Server) that are part of an NT domain, as the above command only generates 12 lines (instead of around 300).

So it has been decided to drop the project to use cygwin .

Hope this helps a little

Serge

>>> "Jean Barata" <jean.barata@softeam.fr> 09/20/01 04:31AM >>>
hello,

I have some permissions problems with the new cygwin1.dll (version 1.3.3):

when I set CYGWIN = ... ntsec ...  I can't create any file (permission
denied)
and without "ntsec" I can't change the permissions of files or directories
(no message, but permissions keep the same)

I'm working on NT-SP5 (disk partition is NTFS)

Did someone had the same problem yet ?

Thanks

Jean Barata - SOFTEAM
01.30.12.18.67 - jean.barata@softeam.fr