Re: Where are instructions for contributing package to cygwin?

Jari Aalto+list.cygwin wrote:

>     Hi,
>
>     I just built Berkeley 3.3.11 database out of the box. It had small error
>     in the install section of the makefile: It expected Unix binaries
>     but Cygwin binaries have .exe added.
>
>     The support at http://www.sleepycat.com promised to fix this
>     in next release.
>
>     Now,
>
>     How can I help to package this into Cygwin distribution?

1. right now, you can't.  We're in a new-packages moratorium until the
new setup is released.

2. With db, you need to get in touch with Jason Tishler (There was a
thread on this list July 12 where he had some issues with that package
-- it built, but rpm couldn't use it.)  See

3. Unless you're willing to maintain the package -- keep up with new
releases, answer questions related to the package on the mailing list,
etc, -- then it ain't gettin' added.

4. As far as the mechanics of getting a package prepared and uploaded,
that's kinda in flux right now; partly because we're in the processes of
vetting the new setup...but for some pointers, take a look here:

http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#SEC83
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2000-11/msg00055.html
and this thread
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2001-07/msg00002.html