Follow up: Problems with ld

Ok here is a follow-up on my own mail ;)

It's turns out that the LD in cygwin is less resistent to weird comman line
options. It wants -oformat=binary or --oformat binary. Not -oformat binary.
The Linux ld doesn't care. However, here is my extended problem:

Back when I compilled the kernel under DOS using djgpp, the compiller mangled
the names as usual, so a prototype of:
void disable();
Would make the linker expect '_disable' to be defined somewhere. When migrating
to Linux, I had to change all my assembler files since the Linux gcc _didn't_
mangle the name, and the linker will look for 'disable' instead. The extended
problem then is, that cygwin behaves like djgpp, ie. mangles the names. So
far I have not been able to find anywhere in djgpp, gcc on either Linux or
cygwin, to change the name mangling behavior. Nor is the behaviour documented
anywhere it seems. Anyone can help? :)

Kind regards,
Sune Foldager.