Re: Latest Install - Domain account - File permisssions

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>>actually, i am using ntsec. does ntsec have impact on what mkpasswd or
>>mkgroup is outputting?
>>

>Nope.  It can't.  ntsec needs the passwd file which mkpasswd
>produces.  It's a chicken-egg problem.
>
>Corinna

i thought so ... is there a way to make mkpasswd generate correct group
id output?

or else, i've thought of writing a small program that gracefully
combines current cygwin setting (/etc/passwd, /etc/group) and NT setting
(mkpasswd, mkgroup). everytime i change a user on NT requires me to
first generate mkpasswd over existing /etc/passwd, potentially losing
info on user shell selection, and lose the past manual corrections on
group id. the small program will take care of automatically correcting
group id in mkpasswd output and importing shell selection from previous
/etc/passwd. do you think there is necessity in doing this?

liulk