Re: Seeking Cygwin installer for the simpleminded

I have done such a thing.  What I use on my installation server
is a shared drive which contains a copy of bash, a copy of
cygwin1.dll, a copy of tar, a copy of gzip.exe ( not gunzip.exe,
tar uses gzip.exe if you do tar -xzf ), a set of various scripts,
and some tarballs, specificly one for each drive in our standard
configuration.  The cygwin executables are just included in the
'd-drive.tgz' tarball, except for the aformentioned ones.
(Actually, there are redundant copies of those in that tarball,
as well).

Anyway, I'll make the pertinant parts available to you if you
wish.  The batch file that starts the whole thing is called
'monkey.bat', in reference to Lost in Space: "And the monkey
pushes the button".