tcsh broken? WAS Re: Running tcsh in rxvt

>this one with tcsh. Use an absolute pathname to the login shell to get
>it to work.
Bingo.

Now I have another problem; tcsh seems to be broken
I set /etc/csh.login to:
  echo "Global csh initialization"
  if (! $?HOME ) setenv HOME "/home/$USER"

The straight NT port of tcsh picks it up however the cygwin tcsh does not;
I get no echo and no $HOME. This would appaear to be a known issue:
It seems kind of bogus that the shell will set the username for you but not
your home...

So I was thinking this might be reasonable
   bash --login -c "exec rxvt -e /bin/tcsh -l"
However bash *still* seems to hang around!

--
H4sICNoBwDoAA3NpZwA9jbsNwDAIRHumuC4NklvXTOD0KSJEnwU8fHz4Q8M9i3sGzkS7BBrm
OkCTwsycb4S3DloZuMIYeXpLFqw5LaMhXC2ymhreVXNWMw9YGuAYdfmAbwomoPSyFJuFn2x8