Re: Cannot build Tk-800-022

Matthew O. Persico schrieb am 2001-09-12, 14:21:

>I am trying to build said module. The process gets pretty far and then:

[...]
>There are 2800 lines in all of undef refs which fall into three
>categories:
>
>Tcl*
>X*
>Lang*
>
>I searched the archives for PerlTk issues and dllwrap issues, but I the
>first 15 or so emails I read were one-deep threads for help, not
>answered. And the fact that I have X issues is really bizare since I
>just installed the XFree 4.1.0 stuff.
>
>So, does anyone have any pointers on where I should start looking?
>Possibly for missing software to download?

If you do a simple 'perl Makefile.PL', Tk will be build with native
Windows GUI calls.
No need for X.
You only need X if you like to build it on base of X:
That is -> 'perl Makefile.PL x'

Probably you will need also the patch from Eric Fifer:
ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/pc/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Haase_Gerrit/1.3/perl/

I have also uploaded a binary, but it isn't mirrored yet to ftp.uni-erlangen.de.
There is also a README.

Gerrit

--
=^..^=