ssh-add produces "Could not open a connection to your authentication agent"

On Wednesday 29 Aug 01, Mark Moraes writes:
> Hi.
>
> ssh works fine for me under Cygwin,
> but I'd like to use ssh-agent;
> ssh-add produces the error
> Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.
>
> I see mention of a similar problem being solved
> in the 2000-10-26 update, but I couldn't find
> any specifics on what the fix might be.
>
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2000-10/msg01446.html

Yow, that report was from nearly a year ago.  I've been using
ssh-agent + ssh-add on Win98 every since.  I'm using it now on DLL
version 1.3.2.  If your Cygwin installation is up to date, I would be
surprised if your problem were the same as mine.

Good luck getting it sorted, it sure is a nice feature. :-)

Regards,
David