Re: atoll(), strtoll(), strtoull() -- where are they?

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 04:34:41PM -0700, Tom Howland wrote:
> My application uses long long's and unsigned long longs. How do I get these using CYGWIN?

As I already wrote in a posting yesterday:

- These functions have to go into newlib. There's a newlib
  mailing list and newlib folks who are willing to accept
  patches.  The official way is to contribute this functions
  to newlib.  Cygwin gets it's standard C lib functions from
  newlib so these functions will become a part of Cygwin as
  soon as they are included in newlib and the next Cygwin
  version will be released.

- _DON'T_ take glibc code and offer it to the newlib folks.
  It will not get into newlib due to licensing constraints.
  No GPL'd code can make it into newlib for that reason.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.