Re: Openssh question

At 20:40 6-9-2001, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>I think I have to again point out that people seem to think "FAQ" when
>they should be thinking documentation.
>
>However, I would like to see someone take a stab at providing actual words
>here.

Here's some suggested text to insert at the start of
http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#SEC23 (Where's the documentation?)
(I thought about putting links to "file:///usr/doc" and so in there, but
the chance of anyone using a Cygwin built browser (Lynx, any others?) are
minimal.)

         If you have installed Cygwin, you can find lots of
         documentation in /usr/doc/.  Many packages ship
         with standard documentation, you can find this in a
         directory /usr/doc/package_name.  In addition, some
         packages have Cygwin specific instructions in a
         file /usr/doc/Cygwin/package_name.README.

Sorry, no patch, but if needed I could make one.  (Let me know if.)

Another idea (without patch):
Perhaps setup.exe could create one or two new shortcuts (in Programs/Cygwin
Solutions, next to Cygwin Bash Shell) that point to "/usr/doc" and perhaps
"/usr/doc/Cygwin"?  They wouldn't be of much use for most of us, but
perhaps some beginners will see this before posting to this list.

  - Michael

--
     I always wondered about the meaning of life.   So I looked it
     up in the dictionary under "L" and there it was - the meaning