RE: Openssh question

At 01:09 PM 9/6/2001, Berndl, Klaus wrote:
> > zlib needs to be installed.
>
> >>What a the first steps to setup the new openssh stuff?
> >>
> >>But i donīt want wasting your time: Is there a docu where i can find what i
> >>must do to upgrade my old ssh-configuration (or building a new one)?
>
> >/usr/doc/Cygwin/openssh-2.9p2.README
>
>Thank you very much!
>
>But to avoid such posting and questions like mine, another one:
>
>Is there an entry in the FAQ that such useful *.README files are located
>in /usr/doc/Cygwin/?

Hm, I'm not sure if there is a pointer to this directory already somewhere.
Maybe there should (needs to) be.  To me, it seems somewhat obvious that
/usr/doc would have useful documentation but perhaps we need a (more?)
pointer(s) to it to enforce this notion for everyone?

>Another suggestion:
>Not all people want to download and install the full cygwin-release.
>It would be very helpful if in the setup-program dependencies between
>package could be displayed, maybe not per default but after hitting a
>special button.
>
>I donīt know if this is easy to implement but IMHO this would avoid
>a lot of such postings.
>
>Or maybe another location where all these dependencies are mentioned??!!
>
>What do the cygwin-experts and the other "folk" think? :-)

Check the email archives for a discussion of this and the current state.
Perhaps you want to lend a hand to this effort?