cron problems on NT

Hi all,
  Its been a frustrating few weeks getting cron to work for me on my Win NT.
I've read all the messages of others with the same/similar problems but the
solutions provided to them don't seem to work for me. I basically get an
"Access denied" when I do
% cygrunsrv -I cron -p /usr/sbin/cron.exe -a -D -e "CYGWIN=tty ntsec"
% cygrunsrv -S cron
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: StartService:  Win32 error 5:
Access is denied.

The only thing that I haven't tried is the comment by Corrina
"Don't start cron other than under SYSTEM account using uid 18.
Switching user context needs various user rights only given to
SYSTEM by default. If you won't do that you'll have to rebuild
cron using other values."
My question is
How do I switch to being a SYSTEM. I am on an NT at work and do not have the
password for SYSTEM. Or am I missing something? Any help would be
apreciated.
Ravi