windres troubles...

hi everyone,

i'm learning the windows API and while compiling my resource files
some problems cropped up with windres. i've checked your mailing list
and google for similar problems, lots of matches but nothing seems to
ring a bell. (it wasn't an exhaustive search, but bear in mind that
i've got a dialup connection :-)) i also couldn't find a more
appropriate place to post, so if there is one please point me in the
right direction.

when i compile an example from the book, i get a "syntax error"
message; the same occurs with some resource code generated by the
lcc-win resource editor. It appears something in my dialog definitions
isn't quite right, but i can't see what.

My resource file, plus line numbering is:

1: #include "menu.h"
2:
3: MyDb DIALOG 18, 18, 142, 92
4: CAPTION "test"
5: STYLE DS_MODALFRAME | WS_POPUP | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU
6: {
7: 	DEFPUSHBUTTON "RED", IDD_RED, 32, 40, 30, 14, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE
| WS_TABSTOP
8: }

and menu.h:

1:#define IDD_RED 100

when i compile, i get the following error message:

$ windres -i menu.rc -o menu.o
windres: menu.rc:5: syntax error

(i noticed that it compiles if i remove line 5 and comment out
everything after "14," onwards on line 7.)

i'm using GNU windres 2.10.91 and my cygwin install is oldish
(build date: Mon Dec 25 12:39:48 EST 2000).

many thanks for your time!

--
be as one already dead -- tokkotai saying