Anyone using "calltree"?

All,

Is anyone successfully using 'calltree' under cygwin?

I downloaded calltree-2.0, which has rules for cygwin on NT, and it
built OOTB.  However, when I run it, it complains as follows for each
input file:

calltree: No such file or directory. Cannot execute 'cpp'.

My initial thought was fine, failed configure, I'll go in and make it
use 'gcc -E' for cygwin.  But in checking the configure step, I see the
output:

And, in the i686-cygwin32_nt-gcc/ directory, config.cache file that is
generated, I see:

ac_vc_prog_CPP=${ac_cv_prog_CPP='gcc -E'}

I don't understand why this doesn't work.

I also considered whether that configure was only for building calltree,
and not what calltree used when operating.  I tried exporting CPP="gcc
-E", which didn't help.  I will probably dive into calltree's source
next, but thought I'd fire this off and see if anyone has used calltree
under cygwin, and if so how they got it working.

Thanks,

Eric