File system types

Howdy,

When you download cygwin, you have a choice of files system types.  Dos or
Unix.  How does this work?  I did the download in stages, and might have
switched back and forth.  Dumb.  I finished it out with the unix choice, but
could the few packages that I did with the dos choice be missing?  Some
important commands are missing, (like ls, and where...) could this be it?
If so how would I fix it?

thanks

evan