RE: hi help me please

Again, I am just a lowly user.  Please send your questions
to mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com .

If you can't get gcc to run, there are probably one of
two things wrong:
1. you didn't install the right packages.
2. your mount points are wrong.

I can't tell which from the limited description of the
problem.  Perhaps a cut-n-paste example showing what
is failing exactly?

I would recommend you un-install and re-install
cygwin.  Make sure you install all packages (including
binutils and gcc).  Make sure you let setup.exe create
the mount points and don't change them after the fact.

Then give it a try with that fresh install.

That's what I did originally to get gcc up and going
on my machine.  It is really quite painless, just
as it should be.

If you are still seeing problems, please send a
more complete description of the problem
to mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com.

Thanks, Troy