Re: Automake 1.4l released -- show of hands from cygwin/automake maintainers?

Robert Collins wrote:

> An important thing to not:
>
> AFAIK this is a testcase-only failure we're talking about. It *did not*
> affect me with cygwin, ntfs, ntsec and automake-HEAD (which had the
> chmod -R a-w under discussion.)
>
> Chuck - have you tried make distcheck with a trivial package? My wager
> is that that will work a-ok.

No, I haven't.  When I get some time, I'll grab a goatbook example and
try it.

However:

After building a CVS cygwin with Corinna's fix, Chris's change, and my
modification (see other threads for details -- I will follow up in them
with the specifics relative to each topic), I was able to build an
automake-1.4l (no additional patches) that passed the three failing
tests, lex3, pr9 and pr87.

On NTFS+ntsec.

--Chuck