Seriuos problems connecting to Internet from Perl script , lynx

Hello,
         I'm using latest cygwin (trying to update as often as possible) on
Windows 2000 professional and very happy with it.
         We have intranet with connection to Internet through firewall.
But there are problems connecting to Internet from perl script and lynx.

When I run perl script:

use Net::FTP;
$ftp = Net::FTP->new("ftp.netscape.com",Debug => 9);
$ftp->login("ftp",'ftp@ftp');
$ftp->cwd("/");
$ftp->quit;

I get an error:

Can't call method "login" on an undefined value at /tmp/ftptest.pl line 3.

But If I change "ftp.netscape.com" to our server "ftp.vtex.lt" it works
just fine.

I have the same problems lynx(Lynx Version 2.8.4rel.1 (17 Jul 2001))
If I try:

lynx www.vtex.lt

it works just fine, but

lynx www.perl.com (or any other site)

all I get:

Looking up www.perl.com first
Looking up www.perl.com
Making HTTP connection to www.perl.com
Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.

lynx: Can't access startfile http://www.perl.com/

Somebody could say that I have problem with my IP/router configuraion, but
he/she would be wrong cause
wget, ftp from the same cygwin package works just fine as the same script
with perl from ActiveState.

I just don't know what to think, maybe the problem is with W2k or cygwin....

So if anybody could shed some light on this problem I would be very grateful.

Regards,

Saulius Gurklys