Re: Slowness of Cygwin (and NT/2000 failure)

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 09:59:39PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>
>>Now, you might decide that you can use libtermcap instead of ncurses.
>>But termcap needs to be able to locate /etc/termcap, which brings us
>>back to the same problem.
>>

> Actually cygwin's termcap contains the cygwin entry "in memory" so that
> it shouldn't be necessary to have /etc/termcap if you are only interested
> in displaying things on "cygwin terminal".

I didn't know that -- thanks for the correction.  Anyway, this only
helps the correspondant if he can restrict his code to only use
libtermcap functions, and doesn't rely on any special functions that
ncurses provides (e.g. functions without obvious replacements in
libtermcap).

--Chuck