Re: Cygwin version 1.3.2

Hello again,

Thanks for the response.  No, I admit I didn't look
at config.guess, but that was because I am really quite
familar with it. I use it, and I have my own equivalent
(somewhat simplified) in my aclocal.m4 which returns
a value which more generic and thus easier to use.

I didn't want to imply that it was not possible to strip
off the part I "object" to, just that it would make
everyone's life a bit easier (except perhaps
the Cygwin programmers) if the Operating System name
were a bit simpler. No big deal though.

Yes, I realized that Robert was joking. I wasn't :-)

Best regards,

Kern