Re: BUG - 1.3.n accept fails if NULL sockaddr * argument and other related stuff.

Thanks Chris.

Note that this is not a public email.

I am sorry that my first Cygwin bug report has apparently caused such a
negative vibe in your office.

Please consider that a lot of people, including myself, appreciate the work
you people do, but we can't all direct our full attention to Cygwin, nor be
experts in the internal workings of that library.

In other words, "Standard answer #13", is standard for legitimate reasons
and does not deserve a cynical response.

My guess as a software professional is that a drastic change to the function
concerned (accept()) could break a lot of code.  (I may be wrong about that,
but better to be safe than sorry where other people's efforts are at stake.)
For that reason I offered my comments up for reasonable consideration by
people that I obviously considered to be more knowledgeable than myself in
that area.

On a final note, let us not forget that Redhat presumably makes a profit
from its association with Cygwin, and therefore derives profit from people
such as myself taking the time to post informative bug reports.  That is my
payback to Cygwin for the benefits I derive from it's use and I suspect more
than most people actually give.

I look forward to a more friendly response to any further bug reports I may
submit in the future.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.