RE: Cygutils Perl module RPMs; XML::Parser, XML::DOM; Unicode

>I could not get XML::Parser to build with the latest win32bin release

Because it's not a cygwin release

>of expat, 1.95.2, nor could I get the source of that version to
>compile. The expat bugs indicate that 1.95.2 might have some cygwin
>problems
><http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=43668
>8&group_id=10127&atid=110127>.
>
>Sadly, I have even more trouble getting things like XML::DOM to work

Hmmn! What doesn't work exactly.

>(due in part to failure for testing of libxml-enno-1.02).
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Here's a more detailed summary of the tests:
>
>XML-Parser-2.30 (worked around)

Try 2.29 or fix this version. The patches are minimal in 2.30.

Nonetheless I don't seem to have any major difficulty with any applications
here. But then again I don't *really* use cygwin for any heavy production
work, though most of the development is done here.

Please Note :
Only  the intended recipient is authorised to access or use this e-mail.  If
you are not the intended recipient,
please delete this e-mail and notify the sender immediately.   The contents
of this e-mail are the writer's
opinion and are not necessarily endorsed by the Gunz Companies unless
expressly stated.

We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or
similar in any attachment.