From: Mark [mailto:mdpfbgd@flash.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 2:31 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: LOGIN/HOME

Ok.

This is probably a moronic question (I'm a newbie, dont have an xtra box to
put GNU stuff on, sooooooo, I'm using cygwin to educate myself on things
unix (directory structure, etc).

I installed cygwin xfree86 etc. on an NT 4 box while logged in as an
administrator ON A DOMAIN (a real NT domain).  However, when I try to
run off the network (in NT logged in using same name "Administrator" and
same everything else (EXCEPT on a local (ie nonexistent, ie the name of my
puter MDPLAPTOP)), home is lost, the path isnt right, etc, etc.

So, its not logging me in right or is giving wrong permissions.  Reading
profile helps the path problem but not $HOME$.

Any help?