playing audio in cygwin

I'm trying to play wav files through cygwin and I'm having trouble
finding info on the subject.  I need to be able to play multiple sounds
at a time and control the volume that each sound plays at.  I'm
wondering if some type of utility already exists that might be of some
help here.  Any ideas?
-- Matt