RE: FW: Does cygwin tool kit Support threads

	I didn't find socket.h include file and no libsocket library in
the standard directories (I mean /usr/include and /usr/lib) Moreover no
man pages for socket functions.
	But I have pthread include file - not thread library. So this
also doesn't work.
	So obviously when I compile, gcc says couldn't find socket.h
file.
	Is the standard UNIX directory format followed in cygwin?

Anjani Prasad

On 28 Jul 2001 00:09:51 -0400, Anjani Prasad Achanta wrote:
> Rob,
> 	As I mailed earlier I wish to compile some programs which
> involve usage of threads and sockets. But in the version I installed
> doesn't seem to support these, I had the latest and complete
> installation from site.
> Which library should I use to compile socket programs - I couldn't
find
> libsocket library in /usr/lib.

No special library is needed for sockets or pthread support.

>     What else should I have to install for this? I am using a PIII
> machine running Windows Me.
>      My installation procedure - I downloaded setup.exe and downloaded
> everything from net (DLL version 1.3.2). What all is covered in this -
> only UNIX utilities or all development system related libraries and
> tools. I've seen gcc and gdb etc in the software. I am able to compile
> and run simple C programs.
> 	Am I missing something?

Unlikely, if you installed everything. What error message do you get?

Rob