Re: TCP Wrappers Port

Based on what I have read so  far, I think it may be best to stick with the
strerror() since that appears to be the way some of the other developers are
going (based primarily on MKS's website)

http://www.mkssoftware.com/docs/man5/sys_errlist.5.asp

The reason is that no strings related to Win32 error codes are provided in
this model while strerror() does (hence the reset by peer, which is a
standard windows networking error).  If we did have Cygwin support sys_errlist,
then it should somehow incorporate strerror().  That is probably not going to
be simple or easy.

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 11:16:45AM -0500, Mumit Khan wrote:

> >> Actually I don't even know why the stuff begins with undersores.
> >
> >It's an unfortunate decision that makes life unnecessarily harder for
> >existing code. New code of course should be using strerror() etc instead
> >of looking inside sys_errlist, sys_nerr etc, but there's lots of legacy
> >systems which lack strerror() interface.
>
> Why don't we add the non-underscore versions, then?  It sounds like that would
> solve some problems.
>
> I believe that the reason for the underscores is because that is the way
> MSVC does it.  I don't know why someone decided that was what cygwin
> should do, too.  It makes no sense to me.
>
> cgf
>
> --

Prentis Brooks	| prentis@aol.net | 703-265-0914 | AIM: PrentisB
System Administrator - Web Infrastructure & Security

       A knight is sworn to valor.  His heart knows only virtue.  His blade
       defends the helpless.  His word speaks only truth.  His wrath undoes the
       wicked. - the old code of Bowen, last of the dragonslayers