Re: TCP Wrappers Port

Hrmm, then maybe we should use my mods then.  What I did, did not remove
sys_nerr or sys_errlist support, rather, I created another flag (STRERR_DEFINED)
which I used to toggle sys_errlist or strerror() support.  Does this sound
like a better path?  BTW, I have not tested Mumit's patches with SSHD to see
if it handles the "Connection Refused" vs. "Connection reset by peer" error
messages.

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Mumit Khan wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 09:36:55AM -0400, Prentis Brooks wrote:
> > > I am willing to take that on.  Mumit's patch does fix the issue, I did not
> > > realize that sys_nerr and sys_errlist were managed by _sys_nerr  and
> > > _sys_errlist in cygwin.  Just a quick question, but where is that sort of
> > > thing documented, in the API docs?  Once I know where to look for that stuff,
> >
> > Actually I don't even know why the stuff begins with undersores.
>
> It's an unfortunate decision that makes life unnecessarily harder for
> existing code. New code of course should be using strerror() etc instead
> of looking inside sys_errlist, sys_nerr etc, but there's lots of legacy
> systems which lack strerror() interface.
>
> Regards,
> Mumit
>

> --

Prentis Brooks	| prentis@aol.net | 703-265-0914 | AIM: PrentisB
System Administrator - Web Infrastructure & Security

       A knight is sworn to valor.  His heart knows only virtue.  His blade
       defends the helpless.  His word speaks only truth.  His wrath undoes the
       wicked. - the old code of Bowen, last of the dragonslayers