Re: TCP Wrappers Port

I am willing to take that on.  Mumit's patch does fix the issue, I did not
realize that sys_nerr and sys_errlist were managed by _sys_nerr  and
_sys_errlist in cygwin.  Just a quick question, but where is that sort of
thing documented, in the API docs?  Once I know where to look for that stuff,
I have no problem maintaining this, as I have an interest in keeping
the tcp_wrappers up to date as I need them for any implementation of SSH I
use.

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 07:45:15PM -0400, Prentis Brooks wrote:
> > 	It has been a while since I pushed up the previous mods, so how do
> > you all want me to send these up?
>
> Ok, here's the deal.
>
> Currently we have a package stop until the new setup is finished.
> It will support package grouping and dependencies.
>
> As soon as that's done we will be glad to put new packages into
> the Cygwin net distro...
>
> ... IF ...
>
> the person who wants a package included into the net distro is
> willing to act as the Cygwin package maintainer which basically
> means
>
> - ports new versions of the package to Cygwin,
> - tries to resubmit the Cygwin specific patches to the main
>   package maintainer,
> - is responsible for reviewing and applying patches of other
>   people,
> - is at least part time available on the cygwin mailing list
>   to answer user questions.
>
> The problem is simply that we can't use packages which are
> not maintained. Somebody has to care. I know at least from
> Chris, Charles and me that we don't want to add another
> package to our responsibilities since we all have already
> 20+ packages to maintain.
>
> The Cygwin net distro is a community effort and we really need
> more maintainers.
>
> >  Since you need this to have openssh
> > support the hosts.allow and hosts.deny files, is there any desire to ask
> > Corinna to include this in inetutils/openssh and compile openssh accordingly?
>
> I have no problem to compile and maintain OpenSSH with
> tcp_wrapper support iff tcp_wrapper is a package of the
> net distro. But I will not include tcp_wrappers into
> the inetutils or openssh package. It is not part of these
> packages and it doesn't belong there.
>
> Are you willing to maintain the Cygwin tcp_wrappers package
> as part of the net distro?
>
> Corinna

Prentis Brooks	| prentis@aol.net | 703-265-0914 | AIM: PrentisB
System Administrator - Web Infrastructure & Security

       A knight is sworn to valor.  His heart knows only virtue.  His blade
       defends the helpless.  His word speaks only truth.  His wrath undoes the
       wicked. - the old code of Bowen, last of the dragonslayers