Re:Cygwin size

On Thursday 26 Jul 01, Jorge Goncalvez writes:
> Hi, I Use Cygwin environment but there is a way to reduce cygwin size i.e: my
> package is about 400 MO, how can I do to reduce it.

Setup will keep the tar.gz files that it downloaded from the internet.
It keeps these in the "Local Package Directory", which is where you
ran setup.exe (unless you changed it from the default).  Basically you
can delete the 'contrib' and 'latest' subdirectories and all their
contents.

I'll add something about this to the FAQ.

Regards,
David
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)